Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bunny Hats and Sewing Rooms

Ingrid found her old rabbit hat the other day and decided she needed to wear it.  I came into the kitchen to find she had also decided upon one rain boot to go with it.  She's got style!

I got the sewing room set up and could not be happier!!  It has been so nice to go downstairs and watch Ingrid play while I measure, cut and sew up some creations.  I am extremely pleased with how the hanging sweater holder from our old closet works at holding my fabric.  This way I see what I have, realize that no, I really don't need more, and get inspired to make things.
Here's what I was inspired to make this morning:
I love love love this deer fabric, and had been debating whether I should save it for something for etsy or use it to make something for Ingrid.  Ingrid won.  We have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and won't this look so cute??  I love the ruffle, me, the ultimate non girly girl loves ruffles for my equally non girly girl daughter.  But because I make her clothes or thrift them, I never seem to mind when she gets mud and muck all over them!

I did get some things done for etsy, too.  Six new bibs with a new and improved pattern.  It's SO MUCH EASIER to get things done when cleanup is unplugging the iron and making sure the scissors aren't in reach of a little someone instead of having to put away every last thing I had to lug out to get the job done in the first place.  Hooray for new houses!

2 comments:

ringmaster said...

i really like this one with the ruffle bottom!!! and i am so jealous that you don't have to clean up your space!!!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to check out the new bibs! i LOVE the guadalupe one we bought! if you have any more of that fabric i know a few minnesota catholics who would buy em! lol!