Friday, March 26, 2010

A Shout Out to My Homegirl!

We got a care package in the mail from my good friend Brooke yesterday.  How exciting!  She sent this adorable little purse for Ingrid.  It's got a nice little bunny ribbon trim just in time for Easter.  Ingrid has already dragged it around all over the house, stuffing it with her animals and dollies.  Also included was a bag of gummy shamrocks, which Brendan ate in one sitting and then said "ugh, they didn't settle well."  Yeah, you think?  That's a lot of gummies in your belly... 



































And my girl sent me some scraps of fabric from her stash!  I just love having friends that craft and sew.  I get to send out scraps I know I won't use, they send me their scraps and we're all happy!

Brooke has an etsy shop and I am amazed at her talent!  She makes different purses and bags and they are all so cute.  I have my eye on a few of them.

And just to test myself, I tried sewing today with my hurt thumb.  It worked much better than I had thought it would!  I had this little 0-6 month size dress cut out and oh my god, after sewing 3Ts it looks so tiny!  It looks like a doll's dress.  Are babies really that small?? 


















As usual, the more of these I make the better they get.  I still have to figure out that neck, I always have to go over one or two parts to make sure both sides are sewn right.  But I have three or so more to make for friends that agreed to be testers, hopefully by the end of that round I'll have mastered it and I can add some to the shop.  

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

What a cute bag for Ingrid! my kids are always stuffing bags full of toys and treasures and dragging them around the house.

Your dress is cute, I always love the fabric combinations you pick out!