Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last Minute Road Trip!

Monday morning was dreary and stormy.  I looked at our calendar and realized we had nothing going on the whole week.  My friend Jami and I have been discussing when I should come visit her in Michigan.  No time like the present, huh?  So I called her, packed a bag, and took off on a 6hr. road trip with the kids!  We had so much fun, even though it was about a hundred degrees and we didn't have air conditioning. 



















We all piled on a futon mattress  in the play room.  I brought Otis' bed with us but of course he didn't want to be left out of the sleepover!  This is what I woke up to in the morning.













Ahhh!!  So sweet! 

Ingrid had fun playing with her best bud Ben, and Jami and I got to hang out like old times.  Man, I miss her.  I wish she and her husband would move to Milwaukee :)  We had other friends over yesterday and got the three wee ones together.  Jami and I and our friend Heather were all pregnant at the same time.  And now we all have little chubs!













After tons of playing, lots of juice boxes, and not so much sleep, we drove back home yesterday afternoon.  It was so much fun and I'm so glad we went.  Six hour drives are not fun, though, so it will be awhile before I'll do that drive again!  Stupid Chicago, if it weren't for dealing with that traffic, the drive probably wouldn't be that bad...

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

You are amazing to make a 6-hour trip on your own! I want to get that brave!

Preparing for Peanut said...

Ahhh! Look at Otis sitting up? Since when can he do that! Ethan just falls to the side every time we try to get him to sit up. Either that or he leans so far forward that he looks like a contortionist. Your kids are so cute.
And yay for being spontaneous!

Amber Liddle said...

Brendan sat him down on 4th of july weekend and he just suddenly could sit! He's getting really good at it, but he'll fall over every once in awhile and get totally bewildered.