Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hanging Out, Being Crabby.

It's been snowy and gross around these parts lately.  It makes me want to cozy up inside and not go anywhere, but I think that's getting to Ingrid.  She wants to play and move and I want to sit on the couch and read or just look at Otis. 

Ingrid has been doing well with having a brother, but just the past few days it seems like it's hitting her that she isn't the only one.  I'm not sure why, it's been over a month since we've had Otis, but just recently she has started acting out in a major way!  Lots of power struggles, lots of demanding we do things for her, lots of not listening.  I'm trying to be patient but it's hard.  REALLY HARD.  Especially when it's already been a long day and I'm alone with both kids and downstairs feeding Otis and she screams that she needs me to help get her water bottle that is right by her bed.  And when I call up the stairs that she can get it herself, she starts to cry "Mama, you don't have to yell at me!" 

Sigh...

Anyway, today was fun even though we had a couple rough patches.  I got her wings to stay (ribbon tied at her shoulders!) and she wore her new dress around and played with her fire truck.  I laid Otis on the floor and we sang songs to him.  It's so interesting to see him wide eyed and awake, he is really starting to act like a normal baby.



















Hopefully soon I'll feel like getting out of the house again and we'll be able to go play with her friends.  And hopefully soon Otis will sleep more at night and I won't be so tired during the day!

No comments: