Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An Update!

Otis is measuring in at 3.75 lbs and is still here in my belly.  I am off monitors for now, but I have to wear these crazy air pressure leg coverings that help ensure I don't get blood clots.  I woke up at 4:30am with contractions and had to have yet another ultrasound to make sure if I did go into labor, Otis was still head down.  Good boy, he is. 

I'm actually not freaking out, which is good.  I miss Ingrid (she's with gramma) and it's strange to see Brendan for short bursts of time before and after work, but I'm staying sane.  Ish.  I'm enjoying being taken care of, actually.  People are always asking me what they can get for me, I get to order room service meals whenever I want, and they have THE BEST chocolate layer cake here!!  I'll be gaining enough weight to get Otis up to five lbs before he's born :)

Thanks for the comments, it really makes my day.  I'm stuck here with no connection to the outside world until Brendan comes to visit with his computer, so it's nice to hear friendly things when I finally to get to connect. 

4 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Thanks for the update! It's good to hear that you and Otis are both doing fine, and that he has made it a couple days older, at least. What a birth story he'll have!

Fiona said...

I was also really pleased to see your update, and hear all is going ok.
Well done for staying sane, and as this will probably be the last proper rest you get for a least 5 years, enjoy every minute!

Carly said...

I am so glad that you and Otis are still doing well. enjoy the room service and that Cake sounds great. I had 2 overnight stays with my last baby,so I kinda know hat it's like. Try to rest as much as you can. I still have you and Otis in my prayers.

Mommy, Papa and the 'Nuts said...

Boys like to please their Mommas...Good job Otis. Hang in there...