Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Fairies, not Princesses

Yesterday we went to a friend's house.  Neither of us are into the whole princessy girly thing, but her family has gotten her daughter some dress up clothes that are very frilly and pink and come with wands and crowns.  She was so funny, she said "fairies are okay,  princesses are not."  Isn't that funny?  I feel the same way.  If Ingrid says she looks like Abby Cadabby or the tooth fairy, I'm fine with that.  But princess?  No, stop please.

Anyway, the girls had so much fun in their flouncy skirts and crowns and hitting the cats with their fairy wands.  This morning Ingrid kept asking to dress up like the tooth fairy so I made her a wand, dug out her old crown, and put a skirt on over her PJs.  She loved it!

3 comments:

mom said...

LOL! too cute!

MaryAnne said...

Fairies are way more fun, because they actually DO something!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I will send you the pictures of Libby and her playing fairies!