Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Lovely Fall Day

Today was a warm, sunny fall day. Ingrid played out on the porch this morning, dragging the dead plant around.

Then it was off to Jami and Ben's for a playdate. My zucchini bread+coffee+toys=great time for both mamas and kids. We ended up outside on the tire swing, but I don't think Ingrid's quite there yet...I'm sure she'd forget to hold on and go flying off the swing.



Heather even came with baby Olivia! That girl has the cutest dimpled cheeks :)
On the way home, the little miss fell asleep for about ten minutes. Usually I can throw her in bed and she'll fall back asleep, but today, because I was DYING to lay down, she decided not to. I got really mad and yelled, which of course did not make her want to go to sleep. I calmed down and got her out of her crib, we ate lunch and took Cody out, then I tried again. Nope. Sheesh, lady, you really need a nap! I REALLY NEED A NAP!
No nap.
Dinner was short and sweet and then tubby time was short and sweet, reading books was short and sweet and by 6:30pm she was tossed in bed. Ahhh, a long day over at last. Time to go veg on the couch with bad tv.

2 comments:

maryanne said...

Sounds like fun! We had gorgeous weather and spent the day outside here too =)

Jami said...

It always happens that way doesn't it? Ben was sooooooo tired after Heather left (she was the last to leave) and then he only slept for an hour! I was kind of cranky, I only slept for 20 mins... lol So I turned the TV toward the bed and we layed and watched cars for a while. It was so fun having you over. Lets do it Again soon, we can work around her nap schedule if that's easier next time!