Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

This year we got together with my side of the family for Father's Day.  My sister took the ferry across Lake Michigan and we drove down to the cottage to meet up with my brothers and their families.  It was super fun, because as always, Ingrid loves her cousins!  I love it, because as always, someone else is always watching my kids so I finally get to sit with a margarita and relax!
not very sure of aunt coco yet
oh man, those eyes!
balancing!
naked grape eating with grampa carl
sink bath
You'll notice I have no pictures of my kids with their dad on this father's day weekend.  That is because he spent lots of time with them without me, where I couldn't nose my way in with my stupid camera and say "wait, do that again!  Now look over here!  Ingrid, smile, what are you making that face for?"  No, instead they got to go on a father/daughter kayak ride, go the park, go swimming in the lake, and not have mom bothering them with documenting life.

So let me just say that I am proud of the dad Brendan is.  He loves to play with the kids, even after a long day at work he is happy to come home and wrestle, play ball, or watch the Simpsons with his kids.  Otis' eyes just light up when he sees his Dada walk through the door.  I am lucky to have such a good husband and baby daddy.

1 comment:

Jami said...

Great post. I'm glad you have such a great baby daddy :) I know the feeling, it can make you feel pretty lucky I suppose.