Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter.

We are not religious, so Easter is a thing purely of bunnies and eggs and chocolate.  Which is all good in my book!  Although dying eggs is not fun, and then I'm left with colored hard boiled eggs that I end up leaving sitting out and having to throw away.  But Ingrid thinks it's cool, so we do it.

We had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's, after which we had an egg hunt.  Ingrid was SO excited about this, she kept asking if the Easter bunny would know we were there and not at our house.  Oh, the young.  The stupid, believing young.  I am such a bad mom, I said "well he's not real, it's just a joke.  Like Santa!"  My mother in law was laughing at me.  I don't sugar coat it, huh?



She got her eggs, she ate her chocolate, and she didn't seem to care one way or another if the Easter bunny was real or not!!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Your children are lovely, and I believe that you are right to be truthful with your children. They still had lots of fun regardless, and they know that they can always trust you because of your honesty.

Preparing for Peanut said...

You rock. I hate the lying too. It just seems silly, but the hoax is also pretty fun. We'll see how long I make it before I start telling the truth (3?). Love Otis' sweater vest.