Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sickly

Today Otis was not having a good day.  He was all snotty, cried at the drop of a hat (which is really unlike him) and just did not feel well.  I was so tired by the afternoon, all I wanted to do was take a nap.  Ingrid went to sleep right away.  Otis, however, got a second wind as I changed his diaper.  He was blowing raspberries, kicking his legs, yelling and screeching.  Good lord.

I worked on him, though, fed him and rocked him and sang to him, and lo and behold he fell asleep.  I got up gently, put him in his crib ever so softly, where he stiffened out and started screaming at the top of his lungs.  So I got him back in my arms, he immediately calmed down again, we rocked and he was snoring wee baby snores.  Again, go put him in his crib and he freaked out. 

*sigh*

It was one of those afternoons.  I even tried to lay down with him in my bed but he was not having it.  So after two hours of this b.s. we went back into the living room.  He sat on his blanket with his toys and looked up at me with the saddest teary-eyed, snotty nosed face and I just had to take pictures.  My poor sickly.  Hopefully he'll sleep well tonight and take naps tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Preparing for Peanut said...

Poor boy!!! Ethan had a bad day this week too...not sick, just fussy and super sleepy. Hope he feels better soon!!