Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day

So bummed I forgot my memory card this weekend!!  We went to visit my mom and it's the most beautiful place ever, complete with a mama deer and her three babies meandering through the backyard.  But no, stupid me forgets the most important part of the camera...

Anyway, after some discussion with Brendan about our Labor Day weekend and finding out he planned on working, I was loathe to sit at home by myself.  Ingrid and I packed up the car and headed the three hours to my mom's.  She has this great job of dog/house sitting for a very generous woman who lives on a horse farm and small lake.  So there are tons of things for kids to do and Ingrid had a blast!  Gramma took her on a golf cart ride to meet the horses, they went swinging and playing in the play house, we found a basket of maracas and tambourines.  Non stop action!

My sister and her family and brother and his family all came on Monday.  Instead of being 81 and sunny, it was rainy and 60, so we put the kids down in the basement with toys, lit a fire in the fireplace, and had a great day.  In the afternoon it finally cleared up and they got to go fishing and swimming in the pool (seriously, this place is like a kid heaven!!).  I got to cuddle with my one year old nephew, which Ingrid was very unsure of.  Graham was all cuddled up to me with his blanket, Ingrid came up from the basement and stopped short when she saw me.  "Mama!  Put that baby down!"  Oh honey, are you ever in for a rude awakening...

Ingrid did pretty well this little road trip.  She napped on the way there and was cheerful until just before we got to my mom's.  For some reason she started crying "I don't want to go to Gramma's, I wanna go to the area."  I still have no idea what "the area" is, but she was adamant we go there instead!!  She forgot all about it once she saw the horses, though.  She loves to play with her cousins and eat food, and despite whining that she was soooooo tired, she made it through the day in a fairly good mood. 

We're starting a new nap regime tomorrow, trying to get her back into the napping game, since she cannot function on 10 hours of sleep at night alone.  Hopefully the "I'm soooo tiiiiiiirred, Mama!" will cease and she'll go back to being a cheerful person...

2 comments:

Jami said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Smithsholidayroad said...

Sounds great! Great idea to get going if Brendan is working and so much more fun being out of the house! Pep stopped her day nap at around 18m and yes it's a killer! I hope Ingrid thinks it's a good idea to start again! When bub comes it will be lovely for you all to day nap together xo Bron