Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Summer!

It has been in the 80s this week and extremely humid. And of course, this being the first apartment we've had with air conditioning, we were excited to kick it on and bask in the coolness. But alas, the fan started making a strange, very LOUD noise on Sunday, so we had to turn it off. NO!! It's so hot and sticky in our house--the thermometer says 82, inside!! It's getting fixed right now, thank GOD!

Anyway, because we've been living in an oven, Ingrid and I have been taking advantage of the pool every single day this week. It is so nice to be able to throw on our
suits and walk across the street and go swimming. These pictures are from our porch (with new outdoor carpet!) after we got home from the pool today. Like Ingrid's new suit? I love the belly sticking out :)

This made me nearly crap my pants, though, as I could imagine her getting her head stuck in the bars and not knowing how to get her out of it. That's okay, though, I'd just call my mom--she had to get my niece unstuck from a similar situation :)

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I always stress about bars on balconies for that reason. I'm glad you have a pool nearby - I've been stuck indoors in 80+ weather with no AC and little kids and it is not fun!

sunnymama said...

The balcony picture is so cute! Glad she didn't get stuck there though :)

Jami said...

The head-in-the-bars picture is really good. I think we're going to buy an AC soon. I can't take it. Today was a little less hot so it was tolerable... that and I was at my mom's with AC...