Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Broads with Bunnies

When I moved back to Milwaukee a couple years ago, I started a Facebook group for local moms, called Broads with Babies.  It was originally intended to be a way to get together for play dates.  Little by little it grew, and now it's at 700 some moms!  Obviously we don't all get together, but there is a good core group that is always on there, and it's nice to have a place to ask a question and get some good answers.  Don't know about you, but I usually hate online mom's groups.  People get so judgy and bitchy!  Luckily these ladies are pretty rad and no one gets too preachy.  So far it's been a good experience, and I've met a lot of new friends through there!

Anyway, yesterday I had two baskets full of stuffed bunnies I'd finished.  I thought "boy, I sure don't want to have any of these things left like I did last year.  God knows we don't need more stuffed animals in our house."  So I posted a picture on my Broads with Babies group, seeing if anyone wanted one. 
Within a few hours I had sold all of them!  And now I have a list of orders to make more!  And people had gone to my etsy shop and asked to buy bibs, too.  It was completely overwhelming! 

I am so thankful that I can sit here in my basement with lovely fabric and sew things people actually want.  I am so thankful that Otis will sit here with me and let me do this.  I am so thankful I get to buy more fabric when I want, lol!  Today is a good day, despite the 5" of snow that is supposed to fall.

3 comments:

Smithsholidayroad said...

Awesome work! You sound happy even tho its freezing ;)

Robin said...

your stuff is so cute. I'm not surprised people want to buy it. Snow=Sew

Preparing for Peanut said...

Good for you starting the FB page! I've been exploring groups here in STL, but if they don't pan out I'll be starting something. After seeing all the sucessful mom's groups in VA/DC, I know something similar would go over well here.

And you DO sell cute stuff people want! I still get compliments on my (your) bibs that have been washed 100 times and even bleached (by accident) a couple times. Still look new!