Tuesday, September 3, 2013

SCHOOL'S BACK IN!!

Oh my god, it's finally time!  School started today and I could not be happier.  I am so not one of the moms that cries to send their kid off, probably because Ingrid loves school and has never seemed upset by going.  Today we were up bright and early and I remembered two key things about the school year that I'd forgotten over the summer: 1. Ingrid doesn't like to eat right away in the morning which makes breakfast time HELL. and 2. She is crazy about what to wear, even if we pick out clothes the night before she changes her mind and ends up picking something completely different five seconds before we have to leave.  We still managed to be out the door to take pictures before school starts at 7:30.
 Otis had to wear his backpack, too, even though he doesn't start his preschool until tomorrow.  He cried and begged to hold Ingrid's lunch bag but she wouldn't let him.  A couple more years, little guy, you'll have your own.
We had a great day together, Otis and I.  We went and played with friends, I got some bibs cut out, he took a nap.  And then it was time for Ingrid to come home.  She is taking the bus home this year, since Otis doesn't get up from his nap until just after she gets home.  I don't want to have to wake him up, I enjoy nap time way too much for that.  So, she buses it.  I think it scared her today, she said there were too many people on it, and she didn't like it.  But we'll try it this week and see how it goes.  I won't force it, but it sure was nice to just walk to the end of the block to get her instead of getting in the car and finding parking. 
Tomorrow is Otis's first day.  I don't know how that will go honestly.  He is such a mama's boy, I'm not sure how he'll do if I try to leave.  I think he'll be okay, he'll be so excited about new toys, but who knows.  He's been rather clingy lately so we'll see...How was your first day?

2 comments:

Fiona said...

I love the photo of Ingrid getting off the bus - she looks s grown up!
And I am glad her first day went well.
Good luck with Otis tomorrow.

Smithsholidayroad said...

I love your bus service!!!! We don't have that here and I loathe getting in the car each day and curse the schools I drive past for not being inclusive! Rant over! So glad she loves school and thrilled Otis will have his own experience too xx enjoy x